Eva Dean Dance is a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and community interactions. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritage and are committed to diversity and inclusion in the dance community, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Eva Dean Dance strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the wellbeing of our staff, and our artists.
- To commit to diverse representation at the organizational level and be alert to inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and to regularly reflect on our processes including at the Board level.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
- Be more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating process.
- Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression and disparity.